users@glassfish.java.net

Re: apache load balance plugin is so weak ?!

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 02:14:57 PDT

Kshitiz ,thank you very much :)

I do ad you said , compile apache with "--with-mpm=worker" , and set it as follow,
but the log show , when I refresh the page , the apache re-initial the plugin :
--------------------
[Wed Mar 24 16:58:46 2010] [warn] lb.runtime: RNTM2019: Daemon http://10.11.5.152:38080 has been intialized.
[Wed Mar 24 16:58:46 2010] [warn] lb.runtime: RNTM2019: Daemon http://10.11.5.58:38080 has been intialized.
[Wed Mar 24 16:58:46 2010] [warn] lb.runtime: RNTM2019: Daemon http://10.11.5.152:38081 has been intialized.
[Wed Mar 24 16:58:46 2010] [warn] lb.runtime: RNTM2019: Daemon http://10.11.5.58:38081 has been intialized.

and the apache load capacity terrible bad , did I set it correctly? here is my apache conf about MPM:
------------------------------
# prefork MPM
# StartServers: number of server processes to start
# MinSpareServers: minimum number of server processes which are kept spare
# MaxSpareServers: maximum number of server processes which are kept spare
# MaxClients: maximum number of server processes allowed to start
# MaxRequestsPerChild: maximum number of requests a server process serves
<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers 1
MinSpareServers 5
MaxSpareServers 10
MaxClients 1
MaxRequestsPerChild 0
</IfModule>

# worker MPM
# StartServers: initial number of server processes to start
# MaxClients: maximum number of simultaneous client connections
# MinSpareThreads: minimum number of worker threads which are kept spare
# MaxSpareThreads: maximum number of worker threads which are kept spare
# ThreadsPerChild: constant number of worker threads in each server process
# MaxRequestsPerChild: maximum number of requests a server process serves
<IfModule worker.c>
StartServers 1
MaxClients 32
MinSpareThreads 5
MaxSpareThreads 10
ThreadsPerChild 32
MaxRequestsPerChild 0
</IfModule>

thans u again!
[Message sent by forum member 'dean_chen']