users@glassfish.java.net

Re: apache load balance plugin is so weak ?!

From: Kshitiz Saxena <Kshitiz.Saxena_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:13:27 +0530

Hi,

Yes, you are correct. Setting maxclients to 1 may limit throughput of
the system.

However if you are not looking for dynamic changes in load-balancer xml,
and can live with a little variance from round-robin behavior, then you
can use default settings for prefork in Apache. So enable load-balancer
plugin, and maintain default settings in Apache and check throughput.

Throughput with load-balancer plugin will obviously be lesser than
accessing the static page from Apache. Load-balancer will proxy request
to a back-end server and send response back to client.

Thanks,
Kshitiz