users@glassfish.java.net

Re: apache load balance plugin is so weak ?!

From: Kshitiz Saxena <Kshitiz.Saxena_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:33:01 +0530

It looks like you got it working with correct prefork MPM settings. Is
that correct?

Load-balancer plugin requires to run as a single process, you can
compile apache in worker mode by compiling apache with option
"--with-mpm=worker". Then you can configure mpm_worker as follows :

<IfModule mpm_worker_module>
     StartServers 1
     MaxClients 32
     MinSpareThreads 5
     MaxSpareThreads 10
     ThreadsPerChild 32
     MaxRequestsPerChild 0
</IfModule>

You can change values of MaxClients, MinSpareThreads, MaxSpareThreads
and ThreadPerChild. Keep in mind that MaxClients and ThreadPerChild must
be same to ensure a single apache process.

Thanks,
Kshitiz