users@glassfish.java.net

Re: java.lang.NullPointerException deploying an application

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 16:58:39 -0800

On 02/23/10 03:00 AM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm trying to migrate some projects that I had working in Tomcat to GF v3. When I try to deploy one of them I got this error message that I can't solve or find solution:
>
> [b]Error An error has occurred
> Exception while loading the app : java.lang.Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.NullPointerException[/b]
>
> The war I was trying to upload was made in eclipse. I've installed the GF plugin and asked to make a war with GF v3 specifications. I've also tried to upload it directly from eclipse and no success.
>
> I've also tried to download the nightbuild from day 22 Fev and I've found the same problem.
>
> The server.log goes as attach.
>
> Any help?

 From your server.log, it looks like the NPE is a consequence of this error:

  PWC1300: Error starting resources in context /IcaROServer: PWC4430:
  Document base D:\glassfishv3\glassfish\domains\domain1\docroot\IcaROServer
  does not exist or is not a readable directory

Actually, the above directory is an unusal location for an application
to be deployed to.

How exactly are you deploying your app?

Jan