users@glassfish.java.net

java.lang.NullPointerException deploying an application

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 03:00:05 PST

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to migrate some projects that I had working in Tomcat to GF v3. When I try to deploy one of them I got this error message that I can't solve or find solution:

[b]Error An error has occurred
Exception while loading the app : java.lang.Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.NullPointerException[/b]

The war I was trying to upload was made in eclipse. I've installed the GF plugin and asked to make a war with GF v3 specifications. I've also tried to upload it directly from eclipse and no success.

I've also tried to download the nightbuild from day 22 Fev and I've found the same problem.

The server.log goes as attach.

Any help?
[Message sent by forum member 'f2santos' (filipe.santos_at_first.pt)]