users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish v3, mod_jk and sticky sessions on http & https

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 17:01:27 PST

Hello,
I am running several instances of Glassfish v3 with some JEE6 applications. They work fine and I use a apache web server as frontend with mod_jk. I use load balancing with sticky sessions, which also works ok... except in one situation:

My applications usually change from http <-> https...: when the user logs in, the login form points to a https form. After the login process, the navigation goes back to http when no critical information is transfered. The problem is that sticky sessions are not maintained when switching http <-> https and so the user is logged out. All this works, obviously, if there is no load balancing, as the session is mantained even when switching to secure https.

I wonder if anybody can find a workaround for this.. I mean, to get mod_jk + glassfish to keep the session in this situation. Probably this is a mod_jk problem but maybe it has something to do with Glassfish.

Thanks,
Ignacio
[Message sent by forum member 'icordoba' (icordoba_at_skios.es)]