users@glassfish.java.net

Creating a JNDI for MySQL ?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 05:25:13 PDT

Hello,

Not that used to Glassfish, coming from JBoss 4.2.1.
Creating a EJB 3.0 application, wanting to check out the WebService utility.
Having problem creating a JNDI from the admin interface in Glassfish.

Creating a JNDI is very easy using JBoss, you find your mysql-ds.xml file
in the '~/example/jca'-folder and you edit it to fit your need.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<datasources>
  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>company</jndi-name>
    <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/companydb</connection-url>
    <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
    <user-name>root</user-name>
    <password>root</password>
    <exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.MySQLExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
    <metadata>
       <type-mapping>mySQL</type-mapping>
    </metadata>
  </local-tx-datasource>
</datasources>

And everything works just fine, you create your persistence.xml in your application and you make the match between the unit-name and the JNDI-name above given ( company ). Evertything works.

Glassfish:
From within the admin-interface I choose
-resources
- - jndi
- - - external resource
And I am stuck seeing the below variables that I have to fill out:
JNDI Name: Required
Resource Type: Required
Factory Class: Required
JNDI Lookup: Required
Could anyone give me a hand here, so that I can access my MySQL - companydb ?

regards, i
[Message sent by forum member 'inkimar' (inkimar)]