users@glassfish.java.net

Re: A long-running process has been detected. Pleas wait....

From: tanww <tanww_at_mail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:17:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jason,

  Thanks for your reply. For the pass few days, I tried another server with
everything install new. A sparc server with solaris 10. JDK 1.6.0_27. The
first time, the glassfish installation going well. The annoying message did
appear briefly and then disappear. Then, I decided to uninstall the
glassfish. I uninstalled according to the this guide
(http://glassfish.java.net/docs/3.1/installation-guide.pdf). Then run
updatetool --notifier --shutdown to shutdown the updatetool. Finally,
remove the directory.

The next time, I reinstalled the glassfish with a different directory, the
message appeared again and stayed for very long time (a few hours) until I
close my browser.

I'm not sure if this have to with the firewall or something and I did enter
the correct proxy host and port. The updatetool (which run separately)
have no problem to find update or addon programs.

Other thought, my other solaris servers, it did has other java applications
and database installed, but using different ports. May be that causing the
long running process to freeze. Is this only happen in Solaris platform?

By the way, the close button (an 'X') doesn't work. I had tried to click
countless of times but nothing happen.

Without the gui admin console, it is not a show stopper for me. I can still
issue command line to deploy and change the config file if I have to. But
it's just inconvenience for me to figure out which file to change.

I tried to submit this issue as a bug, but I can't find your bug reporting
page. Can you send me the link?

Thanks,

Johnny