users@glassfish.java.net

Re: create JMS host/can not create/start JMS brokers

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 03:42:30 -0500 (CDT)

When I create a new domain/cluster it creates a default node with the name:
localhost-DomainName.  This appears to be done using a create-node-config
command as it is a config node.

My choices apperar to be that I create a new node using create-node-config
using the name of the host/ip address or I find away to change the host name
the domain is using so it is no longer using localhost, as it appears to be
using some default property.
The reason I need to do this is the broker is taking its host address from
this property and I currently have to create a new node making use of the
host name (which I actual prefer as it keeps the naming of my nodes
consistant, it also makes it much clearer to my mind which node I am dealing
with), but does mean I have to delete the default node.

If it is using a deafult property, which is set to localhost rather than to
host name then I think this might be a bug, as I have defined the cluster as
an enhanced cluster, and making use of localhost as a name causes issues with
openMq (as we have seen), but it could also be a little confusing, imagine
adminstering the nodes from a server other than the DAS, in that context what
does localhost mean, or perhaps I am just easierly confused :)

Just a thought

Gavin

--
[Message sent by forum member 'gavintranter']