users@glassfish.java.net

Error deploying MDB for JCA connector

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 17:43:10 -0500 (CDT)

I have an inbound JCA connector that I'm working on, in the nascent stages of
getting it going.

I am using GF v2.1, and I'm following this
article:  www.theserverside.com/news/1364656/Serve-It-Up-with-J2EE-14-Use-JCA-15-and-EJB-21-to-Extend-your-App-Server
[1]

(FYI this is the worst Forum post UI..this editor is awful...anyway)

The problem is that I am getting:

MDB00017: [SMTPMessageListenerMDB]: Exception in creating message-driven bean
container: [com.sun.enterprise.connectors.ConnectorRuntimeException: JMS
resource not created : ]

During deployment.

This bean is not talking to JMS, rather it's supposed to be connecting to my
JCA connector, but I can appreciate it possibly conflating the two.

I see my do-nothing JCA connector start before it encounters this error. So,
it seems to be seeing my connector.

I initially tried an empty @MessageDriven annotation in my MDB, and looking
at the generated ejb-jar.xml, it looked ok to me. But when that failed, I
removed the annotation and added this to my existing ejb-jar.xml file.

[code]

        <message-driven>

            <ejb-name>SMTPMessageListenerMDB</ejb-name>

            <ejb-class>com.example.SMTPMessageListenerMDB</ejb-class>

            <messaging-type>com.example.MailListener</messaging-type>

        </message-driven>

[/code]

Does anyone have a notion as to what I might be missing? Do I need something
in the sun-ejb-jar.xml?

[1]
http://www.theserverside.com/news/1364656/Serve-It-Up-with-J2EE-14-Use-JCA-15-and-EJB-21-to-Extend-your-App-Server

--
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung']