users@glassfish.java.net

Setting up NetBeans and GlassFish to work with Java EE 6 tutorial

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 07:00:13 PST

Hi

It took me several days in setting up NetBeans and GlassFish to work with the J2EE 6 tutorial (the cart and order application) on Windows XP.

Apparently it is not straightforward as what it described in the tutorial and I thought it would be helpful to share the steps I had performed:

1) Installed JDK 6 Update 18.

2) Installed NetBeans 6.8 with Java bundle (includes GlassFish v3 application server), and specified the GlassFish directory as C:\glassfishv3.

3) Start NetBeans and then searched and installed all available update.

4) Invoked the updatetool from C:\glassfishv3\bin and installed the following,
- Apache Ant Build Tool 1.7.1-0.6 from contrib.glassfish.org,
- Java EE 6 Tutorial 6.0.4-2 from release.glassfish.sun.com.

5) Invoked the updatetool from C:\glassfishv3\bin and update the following,
- GlassFish Full Profile Incorporation 3.0.1-5 from publisher dev.glassfish.sun.com.

You should now able to build and run the cart example as described in the Java EE 6 Tutorial (chapter 16).

However, before running the order example as described in chapter 20, you have to copy and rename order.xhtml to index.xhtml.

Good luck!
[Message sent by forum member 'hezjing' (hezjing_at_gmail.com)]