users@glassfish.java.net

Re: NullPointerException In EclipseLink During EAR Deployment

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 07:33:36 PST

Teknomad,
   Hi, we met about your issue this morning with management. I was referred to a fix put in for EclipseLink 2.0.1 that I forgot about - but I reviewed. It should solve your issue with metamodel initialization - in that any unforseen exceptions do not derail the EM deploy().

See the following fix that went into the 6312 build on 19 Jan 2010
http://fisheye2.atlassian.com/browse/eclipselink/branches/2.0/trunk/jpa/org.eclipse.persistence.jpa/src/org/eclipse/persistence/internal/jpa/EntityManagerSetupImpl.java?r1=5935&r2=6312

  385 - this.getMetamodel();
  385 + try {
  386 + this.getMetamodel();
  387 + } catch (Exception e) {
  388 + session.log(SessionLog.FINEST, SessionLog.METAMODEL, "metamodel_init_failed", new Object[]{e.getMessage()});
  389 + }

You may download the latest EclipseLink 2.0.1 jar and test the fix below.
http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/downloads/index.php

thank you
/michael
http://www.eclipselink.org
[Message sent by forum member 'obrienmi8' (michael.obrien_at_oracle.com)]