users@glassfish.java.net

french characters not showing up

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 07:36:17 PST

Not sure if this is more a Solaris issue (I believe it is though) or one that can be resolved by glassfish... but french characters in our web-apps are not displaying properly (for example [b]é[/b] shows up as [b]é[/b]).

These characters stem from our db (running on solaris) to our appserver (running on solaris). The appserver and its host are newly built and I believe only have the default settings related to character set and locales.

Any idea how to resolve this?
[Message sent by forum member 'black_lotus' (justin_at_insurfact.com)]