users@glassfish.java.net

Re: discrepancy between asadmin and web-admin gui in Glassfish v3.

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 08:44:51 -0800

There is no API exposed to the GUI to determine if a Sniffer is visible to user or not.   So, gui just listed out ALL the sniffer except "security".   We exclude "security" just because we know it is  invisible :).
If there is a way to determine whether the Sniffer should be shown or not,  please let me know, and I can easily add that filter.

thanks
Anissa.

Hong Zhang wrote:
Yes, we should have consistent behaviors for these two.
Looking at the code, the JPASniffer does not declare itself to be visible to the user, so the asadmin list-applications seem to have the expected behavior. We need to figure out how the gui displays the information and make the two of them consistent.

Thanks,

- Hong

Dominik Dorn wrote:
Yes, its a JPA app.