users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can't start the Administration Console

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:08:51 PST

Hi Tim,

The stack trace says the response wrapped by the ResponseFacade is null. Not sure what is causing this, however, perhaps something during the "hardening" prevented disk access or something that lead to this. The stack says that it is attempting to serve up a page which is equal to the faces servlet mapping (i.e. /faces/), which also should not occur... However, if error is a result of the browser requesting that URL, you could try: http://hostname:4848/index.jsf and see if you get a better response. However, I suspect that the same problem resulting in a null response object is effecting a request (perhaps during a redirect) which will give you the same result.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you much more. Try ensuring you have write permission in your domains/* directory. I am not sure where else you need write permissions, but based on what you told me -- write permissions would be the first thing I'd check, but it's just a guess.

Good luck!

Ken Paulsen
[Message sent by forum member 'kenpaulsen' (ken.paulsen_at_sun.com)]