users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can't start the Administration Console

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:57:50 PST

It looks like it was the "hardening" process that caused GlassFish to stop working properly. I've relocated to a "clean" computer and everything is working fine.

I talked to one of the Network Admins and he said that application servers are considered risky by this particular organization and steps are taken to make sure that they are under control (not sure how they do that and to get an exemption isn't easy). He also told me that for the database that I'm using, I'll have to submit a 2" stack of paperwork to get it approved!

Ah, the joys of working for the government!
[Message sent by forum member 'timanderson' (Tim.anderson3_at_baesystems.com)]