users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can't start the Administration Console

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 16:43:57 PST

Actully I got the same problem running the admin console of glassfish.
I downloaded the version bundled with Netbeans IDE 6.8.
I have also tried glassfish-v3_1-b01-02_13_2010. But the same problem.

After starting the server (asadmin start-domain domain1)
The page http://localhost:8080/ shows up as expected

When trying to access the admin console (http://localhost:4848/). The page starts to load the login page (without input fields visible but some welcome text and a circular "loading icon") but after a while I got a page with the following error:

"HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

descriptionThe server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException while attempting to process a 'initPage' event for '/login.jsf'.

root cause

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException while attempting to process a 'initPage' event for '/login.jsf'.

root cause

root cause

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Cannot create XMLStreamReader or XMLEventReader from a javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamSource

note The full stack traces of the exception and its root causes are available in the GlassFish v3 logs."

The server.log is attached
[Message sent by forum member 'bjorneiderback' (bjorn.eiderback_at_gmail.com)]