users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Large scale J2EE project on GlassFish

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:10:40 -0800

On 2/26/10 4:00 PM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi Java& Open Source Gurus
>
> We have a huge ERP project. There are some issues but not obvious.
> The project will be thousands of java class we are planning to keep all the java source and classes database. We are not use JAR, EAR, WAR files and deployment configration XML files, we are planning writing our dependency manager.

Why? How? Why do you think yours would be better?
> All the dependencies between applications can be complex, so we do not use J2EE dependency injection.

Why? Java EE 6 injection mechanism is very powerful.
> All classes must be pure java class. We do not consider using J2EE annotations.
An annotated Java class is a pure java class, as of JDK 5, so Java EE 5
and 6 annotation in classes are "pure".
> EJB configration must be in database tables, not in XML deployment descriptor.

Per the Java EE 6 and 6 specifications, deployment descriptors must be
in XML, so you'll have to write a translator to read you database and
emot these XML files anyway.

> GlassFish or can cover these problems?

Which problems?
Ludo