users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF and Eclipse Applet Deployment Issue

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 07:20:54 PST

Thanks for the reply.

I ran into that when I was trying to debug some JavaScript and got into the habit of clearing the cache after each attempt.

Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be the problem that I'm having currently. I believe it has something to do with the way that I'm deploying my Applet. According to the NetBeans website, I'm supposed to make my Applet a library project and then import that into my servlet project, but that didn't seem to work.

I believe the issue is the browser not being able to see the class information for the Applet because it is inside the server and can't be shown to the client. I've read somewhere that the Applet needs to be deployed into the root of the application server, but I'm not quite sure how to do that in NetBeans.
[Message sent by forum member 'timanderson' (Tim.anderson3_at_baesystems.com)]