users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF and Eclipse Applet Deployment Issue

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 07:45:08 PST

hmm...well in eclipse i wasn't really sure where to put things so the server could see them...for the longest time i thought this was the issue too. In reality I think the only thing that's really important is that the client can access your script or html page or whatever, and also (independently) access the jar (i assume a netbeans library project makes one?) containing the applet class. If you pull up the url where you expect to find the jar and it tries to download it, then you know it's being hosted correctly (i just did trial and error until i stopped getting 404 errors).

The end location that works for me was to have the jar and html file in the WebContent folder, and to have the applet class in an "applets" folder under WebContent (not sure if it needs to be called applets, as it turns out this was the package name i used for my applet too, so I made it a virtual folder linked to the build folder containing newest classes). The rest of the WebConent folders content was generated by eclipse so i don't know much about that.

We may be well into Eclipse vs NetBeans differences here...it might be helpful to locate an example project(s) already setup for netbeans. I couldn't find one for eclipse but you may have more luck.
[Message sent by forum member 'jmb2371' (jbookout_at_gmail.com)]