users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Re: GLASSFISH IS LAME

From: Aleksandras Novikovas <an_at_systemtier.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 18:12:42 +0300

Hi guys,

Sorry for intervention ... I do not know Sun's internals ... I'm just an
ordinary GlassFish user ... Let me say a few words:

I'm happy with a product. Even more happy with this community - it is
really active.

Open source is free and open: means you can use it "as is" or you can
improve it yourself. No one is obliged to do anything. Any one can
request/ask for help - it might be answered or might be not. There is
always possibilities: find out (and correct) yourself (it is open); pay
for support; use another product.

You can demand ONLY if you paid for product/support. I would justify
these kind of phrases only if paid support does not pay attention to
request for help.

I believe JBoss (actually - any open source) community reaction would be
the same - HATE and IGNORE.

I believe that there is a lot of room for GalssFish (and support)
improvement. From your conversation it is clear that you KNOW it and
STRIVE to improve it. Good luck.

But ... I think that this kind of behavior SHOULD NOT have any impact
whatsoever otherwise you would create precedent when rude and laud idiot
would get what he wants only because of swearing. Community would
degrade - it is much more dangerous than loosing idiot-user (other
communities would throw him out as well).

Regards,
-
Aleksandras Novikovas

E-mail: an_at_systemtier.com