users@glassfish.java.net

RE: RE: Re: GLASSFISH IS LAME

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:46:56 +0200

> Open source is free and open: means you can use it "as is" or you can
> improve it yourself. No one is obliged to do anything. Any one can
> request/ask for help - it might be answered or might be not. There is
> always possibilities: find out (and correct) yourself (it is open);
pay
> for support; use another product.

You are mixing up theory and practice. Did you really ever fix a
GlassFish P1 bug? Or do you know a *user* that did that?

> You can demand ONLY if you paid for product/support. I would justify
> these kind of phrases only if paid support does not pay attention to
> request for help.

If money plays a role in this community, then Sun should pay us all for
testing their software and writing hundreds of bug reports. Do they?
(Acutally I do not want to get paid, but I also think bug fixes should
be free).

Regards
Markus