users@glassfish.java.net

OpenSSO for SaaS

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 01:33:49 PDT

Hi, I am newbie in SSO implementation. My current task is prepare SSO for SaaS platform. So, in preparing the SSO, I have some confusion on how the SSO works actually, because I wonder somethings. Let's look to the scenario, so that I can understand.

Let's I have SaaS platform, then there are 3 application in that SaaS platform, application A, B and C. As we understood about SSO, once we logged in into application A, we are be able to see the application B without any log in anymore.

But, the things that I wonder, application A and B is the different system. Therefore they might have different session. 1.) How the SSO cater for this thing?.
2.) Let say, application A use session('userid') and session('level') for the entire system validation, and application B use session('username') and session('role'), How SSO handle this kind of session value? where SSO got the value for these session? how the SSO assign the value to each of sessions , because value assigning for session is occurred in the system.

Please somebody help me
Thank you
jebat_co
[Message sent by forum member 'jebat_co' (jebat_co)]