users@glassfish.java.net

Re: HTTP Load Balancers Concept- Sun One App Server 9.1

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 07:06:30 PST

Perhaps Glassfish 2.1 doesn't support export of the loadbalancer.xml"?

In this document:

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4341/geobp?a=view

It mentions:

"Note – The following steps are automatically performed by the installation program for
Enterprise Server. But, if you are using GlassFish v2.1, you will need to perform these steps manually."

What is the "Enterprise Server"? I haven't seen a download link for that and how is it different than Glassfish v2.1?

It has been frustrating to find the final word on what software is required to get load balancing working and how to configure it based on even the standard Glassfish v2.1 and Sun Web Server 7.0. It is hard for me to believe that all of the various manual steps documented are still required this late in the development cycle for a capability as important as load balancing.
[Message sent by forum member 'rrr6399' (rrr6399)]