users@glassfish.java.net

Application client size

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 06:47:37 PST

I am deploying an enterprise application consiting of a couple of beans and a JPanel application client.
The size of the .ear file i am deploying is around 15 KB

I am able to launch the client on localhost.

However, when i tried to launch this application client from a computer on the internet, the download of the application is very slow, and shows the message "download stalled".

So i checked the Java ws cache of my system and found the application to be of size 41097 KB (around 40 MB). which is huge for an application client.

I also tried deploying a sample EE application (interceptor stateless) in netbeans and its size in cache also comes to a very close 41093 KB.

Can someone explain this ??

May be some additional files are being downloaded along with the required file??

Or is there some other reason that explains why download of the application client gets stalled halfway on a computer on the internet.
[Message sent by forum member 'ankur_vjy' (ankur_vjy)]