users@glassfish.java.net

Re: HTTP Load Balancers Concept- Sun One App Server 9.1

From: vivekanandh sedhumadhavan <Vivekanandh.Sedhumadhavan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 14:33:01 -0800

On Feb 23, 2009, at 7:06 AM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> Perhaps Glassfish 2.1 doesn't support export of the loadbalancer.xml"?
>
> In this document:
>
> http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4341/geobp?a=view
>
> It mentions:
>
> "Note – The following steps are automatically performed by the
> installation program for
> Enterprise Server. But, if you are using GlassFish v2.1, you will
> need to perform these steps manually."
>
> What is the "Enterprise Server"? I haven't seen a download link for
> that and how is it different than Glassfish v2.1?
pls see the following page
http://www.sun.com/download/index.jsp?cat=Application%20%26%20Integration%20Services&tab=3&subcat=Application%20Servers
and pick the GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1 with HADB - Zip/File Based
While running the installer just choose the LB plugin option alone.
It will ask for the location of Webserver .
this installer will take care of the manual steps mentioned in the
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4341/geobp?a=view
thanks
-vivek