users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Cluster performance and failover

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:00:03 PDT

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I did a test with the default configuration, and connecting directly to an instance was pretty much the same time as going thru the load balancer. First test with default configuration, the loadbalancer took 4 minutes, and direct connection was 3 min 50 sec. Second test with same configuration was about the same, altho direct connection was a bit longer.
When changing Persistence Frequency to time-based, connecting thru loadbalancer is 20 sec, whilst direct connections is about 2 sec.

From looking at the log files when Persistence Frequency is web-request, it looks like replicating the session takes about 3 seconds. (That is assuming this log entry represents a session being replicated) :
[#|2007-07-26T22:51:01.546+0100|INFO|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.system.stream.out|_ThreadID=22;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread-38081-1;|
federated query took 3015 millis|#]

Probably worth mentioning that my application is using Netbeans Visual web pack, I have a custom component on a page wtihin a tab component. I have seen from the log file that the SessionBean from the visual web pack get replicated, and quite a few other VWP attributes.
My HttpSession attributes consists of one object that does not contain much data. It does contain a reference to a remote EJB interface.

I will try to use another load balancer and see if that will speed things up when using the time-based setting.

Thanks
Hans
[Message sent by forum member 'hansflhotmailcom' (hansflhotmailcom)]