users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Cluster performance and failover

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:11:23 PDT

Hi Hans:

Sorry you are running into issues.
For an overview of Glassfish v2 including beginning answers to your
questions about how clustering and memory replication go to this link
and download the presentation that we did at Java One this year:
http://blogs.sun.com/memrep/
If you still have questions after looking at that write back.

On your performance issue, I noticed you said that performance was
better when you bypassed the loadbalancer and went directly to instances.
Was that true also when you had the default configuration of memory replication
working? If so that would point to some issue in your load balancer - possibly
configuration. It's good to rule that out first.

I'm checking on the availability of HADB. Generally Glassfish v2 itself does
not include HADB but it is capable of running with HADB. And I know
HADB is freely available through Java Enterprise System (JES). If I learn
of a more direct way for you to obtain it I'll let you know.

best, Larry White
[Message sent by forum member 'lwhite' (lwhite)]