users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Cluster performance and failover

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 13:31:38 PDT

Hi,

I made a new web front end using Facelets and RichFaces along with a custom UI component. The performance was alot better when using the redirector compared to connecting directly.
But when under heavy load, connecting directly to a single instance is still alot faster.

I am still trying to narrow down the bottleneck, which could to be the loadbalancer. (Still trying to set up the glassfish plugin on iis, are there any guidlines for this?)
But I am still not sure how the in memory failover replication works.
What role does the DAS have in the session replication?
Is the Node Agent on the respecive cluster machines responsible for this?
are they replicating direclty to eachother? Or via the DAS machine?
Are there any documentation on this?

Thanks for your help
Hans
[Message sent by forum member 'hansflhotmailcom' (hansflhotmailcom)]