users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Cluster performance and failover

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 07:33:20 PDT

> But I am still not sure how the in memory failover
> replication works.

Please take a look at Larry's presentation.

> What role does the DAS have in the session
> replication?

Well, nothing. DAS is an administrative owner of the domain. It can be
intentionally left "stopped" if you don't want to manage the cluster, instances,
resources, apps at a given point in time.

> Is the Node Agent on the respecive cluster machines
> responsible for this?

No. Node Agent only controls the life cycle of server instances.

> are they replicating direclty to eachother? Or via
> the DAS machine?

The former. Again, please see Larry's presentation.

> Are there any documentation on this?

Yes, let me find it and send a link.

Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]