users@glassfish.java.net

Site setup

From: Dru Devore <ddevore_at_duckhouse.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 19:13:45 -0700

I am trying to setup a couple of sites for personal development and for
a demo web site. I have been working on getting this setup on and off
for a week or so and just don't know how to accomplish what I want.

I want to deploy an application to a domain with the context path not
set so it will be the root of the address. Such that 192.168.1.1:8080
would hit the application I deploy by default. Right now the only way I
have see to do this is to set it as the default application of the
virtual server otherwise I get the standard "Your server is up and
running!" page. If I set the default application of the web server to a
development application it gives me an error when I try to redeploy the
application from NB. This is a problem because I would have to go and
unset the default application every time I want to redeploy the
application which could be often in a development environment.

I have other questions about the virtual domains but I want to get the
first situation fixed so I can do some more testing before I give up on
them. The deployment with the context path not set is the big issue I
have.

If there are any suggestions please let me know.

---
Dru Devore