users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Site setup

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 21:47:23 PDT

> I am trying to setup a couple of sites for personal
> development and for
> a demo web site. I have been working on getting this
> setup on and off
> for a week or so and just don't know how to
> accomplish what I want.
>
> I want to deploy an application to a domain with the
> context path not
> set so it will be the root of the address. Such that
> 192.168.1.1:8080
> would hit the application I deploy by default. Right
> now the only way I
> have see to do this is to set it as the default
> application of the
> virtual server otherwise I get the standard "Your
> server is up and
> running!" page. If I set the default application of
> the web server to a
> development application it gives me an error when I
> try to redeploy the
> application from NB. This is a problem because I
> would have to go and
> unset the default application every time I want to
> redeploy the
> application which could be often in a development
> environment.

If you see the properties of the web-application project in the NB IDE, you will see the
context root attribute. Can't you have "/" as the context-root specified there?
I tried this and it seems to work. I get the JSP page from my application when I connect to
it using "http://localhost:8080".

Thanks,
Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]