quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Differences between Tomcat and Glassfish

From: Dick Davies <rasputnik_at_hellooperator.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:56:25 +0100

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 6:01 AM, Alan Vargas <Alan.Vargas_at_sun.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Well, I'm a Sun Campus Ambassador in Mexico, and each of us in all of the
> world we will celebrate the Software Freedom Day in our campus. I will be
> celebrating this event on September 20th, and i will talk about Glassfish to
> my fellow students, but some of they've been used another server like Tomcat
> and Apache...my question for you is:
>
> Which are the differences between Glassfish and Apache & Tomcat...?

off the top of my head (and comparing to early TC5, which is when I
lasted used tomcat)

* admin gui / asadmin are decent (no editing server.xml)
* full JEE stack
* Grizzy works better than Coyote (no need to put apache in front of Glassfish)
* excellent clustering support
* strong monitoring

--
Rasputnik :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns
http://number9.hellooperator.net/