persistence@glassfish.java.net

RE: findbugs and javax.persistence.Persistence

From: Mike Keith <michael.keith_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:57:10 -0500

Hi Marina,

The spec class is called javax.persistence.PersistenceProvider,
but withouth looking at the code I suspect that this constant may
have been used for some impl purpose, probably to store the provider
at one point, and is no longer used.

The providers member is not in the spec at all but I am guessing is
an implementation artifact of the providers that the Persistence class
found when it looked around using the services API.

-Mike