users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: JSR-109 vs. JAX-RPC

From: Mete Kural <metek_at_touchtonecorp.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:18:51 +0000

Thanks for the information Anne. Now I get a better idea of what JSR-109 is. It seems like a pretty useful specification.

I understand that JSR-109 doesn't force you to use EJBs, you can have a servlet implementation or an EJB implementation in a JSR-109 web service, which is great. But I still get the impression that it forces you to use a procedure-oriented model for building web services. Is it possible to build document-oriented web services using JSR-109?

Thanks,
Mete