users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: JSR-109 vs. JAX-RPC

From: Anne Thomas Manes <anne_at_manes.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:25:35 -0800

JAX-RPC and JSR-109 support both RPC and Document style services, but both
APIs are designed to support an RMI-style programming interface -- meaning
that the JAX-RPC runtime performs automatic marshalling and unmarshalling
of SOAP messages -- automatically converting Java objects to XML and vice
versa. If you prefer to build XML-oriented applications then you probably
want to use JAXM rather than JAX-RPC.

Anne