jsr366-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr366-experts] Re: Java EE 7 MR

From: Kevin Sutter <sutter_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 15:20:36 -0600

Hi Linda,
I'm not sure I understand the update to 6.2.2.6 [Clarify requirements for
support of custom permissions]:

Permission declarations must be stored in META-INF/permissions.xml file
within an EJB, web, application client, or resource adapter archive in
order for them to be located and subsequently processed by the deployment
machinery of the Java EE Product. [The Java EE Product is not required to
support use in the permissions.xml file of permission classes that are
packaged in the application.]

I'm stumbling over the wording... Does it mean something like this? Or,
am I just not getting the proposed update?

The Java EE Product is not required to support the specification of
permission classes in the permissions.xml file that are packaged in the
application.

Kevin Sutter