jsr366-experts@javaee-spec.java.net

[jsr366-experts] Re: [javaee-spec users] Re: Java EE 7 MR

From: Linda DeMichiel <linda.demichiel_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 17:44:07 -0800

Hi Kevin,

On 2/11/15 12:25 PM, Kevin Sutter wrote:
> Thanks, Linda. I missed this query from Bill. My preference is
> "B. Any class that also supports injection (table EE-5.1)" from Bill's
> original inquiry. Bill's note indicates that the responses to his
> inquiry were mixed between B and D. But, it looks like this MR is going
> with option
> "C. Any class in the application package (ear/war/jar file)"? Are we
> too late to re-open this discussion?

Well, yes and no....

This clarification was intended to resolve an ambiguity in the spec,
where some sections (specifically 8.5.2) indicated that all
classes that are part of the application package need to be
scanned, but others (e.g., 5.2.5) made reference to classes supporting
injection.

We believe that option C is therefore the most consistent with the
intent of the spec, as well as the more straightforward to implement,
particularly since at deployment (before CDI kicks in) one may not be
able to easily identify what is or is not a CDI managed bean.

-Linda