dev@grizzly.java.net

Re: Deployer refactoring

From: Survivant 00 <survivant00_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 21:08:09 -0400

yes it's a plain web.xml format.

agreed with a default web.xml

my idea was to get the smaller package as possible and no external
dependencies. If the person wanted JSP support he add just to load the
jasper.xml and add jasper jars.

but I didn't had in mind to get a full j2ee web container at this point, so
if we want that.. we will need to include more dependancies..

I liked the idea to have a really small jar, no external dependencies and
allow addon support. As an example, I don't like very much the idea to run
a full GF or Tomcat only to serve static html files. Too big for nothing.

Will help Hubert to test his refactoring, I had some test case with Deployer
that will be useful.

A part ca, I need to find answer how to handle J2EE annotations. I put some
comments in the issue's tracker. We will have to do that later in the
Hubert's refactoring.