dev@grizzly.java.net

Re: Deployer refactoring

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 20:59:49 -0400

Survivant 00 wrote:
> I made a autodeploy different than Tomcat or Jetty. They have a command
> web.xml that is happen to each webapp deployed.
>
> I did the samething, but instead of having a fixed default.xml , I used
> more generic way.
>
> the param :--autodeploy |allow you to specified web.xml paths that you
> want to deploy on each webapps.
>
> ex : if you add a web.xml named jasper.xml or quercus.xml you could
> add theses supports to all webapps without to have to put jasper+quercus
> in the same default.xml
>

> like that by command line, you could launch 2 DEployer instances and
> both of them could have differents configs.. one with jasper support and
> the other with PHP support.

Without looking, is the jasper.xml file follow the normal web.xml
format? (I suspect yes).

I like your idea but I think I would augment it with a default web.xml
if the --autodeploy comment is not used. Right now Hubert's work will
allow us to support a WebAppAdapter, which should also support the same
behavior or fallback to default-web.xml if none specified.

A+

-- Jeanfrancois