users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JMS Performance Degraded With Cluster

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 10:21:13 -0600 (CST)

[quote=nigeldeakin]This is what the MQ admin guide says: "As the number of
clients connected to a broker increases, and as the number of messages being
delivered increases, a broker will eventually exceed resource limitations
such as file descriptor, thread, and memory limits. One way to accommodate
increasing loads is to add more broker instances to a Message Queue message
service, distributing client connections and message routing and delivery
across multiple brokers. "In general, this scaling works best if clients are
evenly distributed across the cluster, specially message producing clients.
Because of the overhead involved in delivering messages between the brokers
in a cluster, clusters with limited numbers of connections or limited message
delivery rates, might exhibit lower performance than a single broker." So it
depends on how many connections you were using to send/consume messages, and
exactly what was limiting the throughput in the single-broker case.
Nigel[/quote] Thanks Nigel, I am going to run several different tests and
configurations based on your post and see if I can increase the throughput of
my cluster. I will let you know what I find as the optimal configuration.
Thanks, Brody

--
[Message sent by forum member 'smithbr4']