users@glassfish.java.net

Re: admin-thread-pool idle timeout

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 15:56:32 -0600 (CST)

[quote=apostle]Do you mean this property? asadmin set
server-config.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-1.http.request-timeout-seconds=-1
/1) How long does the deployment take on Windows?/ The deployment on windows
takes more than 90 minutes. It is more than the time for deployment on
ubuntu. This is something that I cannot understand. That is strange. I recall
that there are/were some issues with deployment taking a long time. I'm not
sure which issues those are yet - I'll check. /2) What is the nature of the
application you're deploying (EJBs, CDI,/ /size of the archive, etc.)?/ It is
an .ear file with several modules: an EJB module and three web applications.
The most time is consumed by a singleton. Could the change of
request-timeout-seconds property help in this case? It should prevent the
timeout. /I would recommend using jstack or visualvm for this task. / I'm not
familiar with any of this tool unfortunately. I looked through short howto
for jstack here
http://www.herongyang.com/Java-Tools/jstack-JVM-Thread-Dump-Stack-Strace.html
and I have a question: If the deployment process takes about 70 minutes
should I run jstack periodically during the deployment process? BTW I tried
to deploy the application several times on ubuntu server and this message
appears at different time after the deployment process started. It may appear
from 15mins till 50 mins after the process start. I would take several
snapshots of the thread state. Thank you for helping me out.[/quote]

--
[Message sent by forum member 'rlubke']