users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Shutdown without logging?

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 09:35:37 -0700

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Could someone kindly dump a list of possible events that would result in a
> GlassFish 3.1.2.2 instance (a DAS) running on Windows as a Windows service
> created via asadmin create-service to shutdown so abruptly that nothing
> would show up in its server.log? We see the restart when someone
> manually restarted it, but there's nothing before that indicating a
> shutdown.

A related question: is this (
https://blogs.oracle.com/foo/entry/how_to_make_v3_platform) still relevant?
 Suppose it were. I would think, then, that if we didn't have -Xrs present
in both asadmin.bat and the relevant domain.xml that we would be seeing the
GlassFish service dropping all over the place (on every logout, in fact
:-)). But we aren't; we're only seeing it occasionally.

Still, we haven't manually edited the GlassFish distribution to include
this -Xrs option since it was not present in the Installation Guide (
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26576_01/doc.312/e24935/toc.htm). Should we
have?

Best,
Laird