users@glassfish.java.net

Shutdown without logging?

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 09:12:52 -0700

Could someone kindly dump a list of possible events that would result in a
GlassFish 3.1.2.2 instance (a DAS) running on Windows as a Windows service
created via asadmin create-service to shutdown so abruptly that nothing
would show up in its server.log? We see the restart when someone manually
restarted it, but there's nothing before that indicating a shutdown.

Power cycling of the box is not the cause; it's been up for a long time.

(Obviously we're going through the computer event logs, but I'm also
curious from the GlassFish end. I'm mainly trying to make sure something
obvious didn't slip through the cracks.)

Thanks,
Laird

--
http://about.me/lairdnelson