users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Shutdown without logging?

From: Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 10:06:48 -0700

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:35 AM, Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Laird Nelson <ljnelson_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Could someone kindly dump a list of possible events that would result in
>> a GlassFish 3.1.2.2 instance (a DAS) running on Windows as a Windows
>> service created via asadmin create-service to shutdown so abruptly that
>> nothing would show up in its server.log? We see the restart when
>> someone manually restarted it, but there's nothing before that indicating a
>> shutdown.

Hello; we're now seeing this behavior on both Windows and Linux systems.
 Again, no information in the server.log. Is there a (hopefully short!)
list of events somewhere that will cause GlassFish to shut down without
logging?

I can think of two: a kill -9 signal and a JVM crash. Neither of these is
happening, at least as far as we can detect. Everything else it seems to
me should leave footprints in server.log. What other possible silent and
fatel events are there?

Thanks,
Laird

--