users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Shutdown without logging?

From: Bobby Bissett <bbissett_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 10:42:03 -0500

> I can think of two: a kill -9 signal and a JVM crash. Neither of these is
> happening, at least as far as we can detect. Everything else it seems to me
> should leave footprints in server.log. What other possible silent and fatel
> events are there?

This has happened to us as well, except it was a 3.1.2 server (am
pretty sure). It happened twice on the same Linux box running in AWS,
and hasn't happened since -- was maybe a month ago. We thought it was
the Linux "OOM killer" but could find no record of the OS shutting
down the process.

If it happens again, I'll get more info about JDK, OS, etc, and share.
Very strange.

Cheers,
Bobby