users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Endorsed JAXB ClassCastException

From: <forums_at_java.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 11:34:57 -0600 (CST)

We ended up refactoring our code and pulled the CXF client out of the ear and
created a Jersey REST service which in turn makes the calls to the CXF client
library.  We then created a Jersey REST client that is bundled in our ear
which makes calls to the REST service.
The ear is deployed in one Glassfish domain and the REST service war in
another.  The war file contains a glassfish-web.xml file as detailed below
to load the CXF classes.  We don't have to copy any jars to the domain's
lib/ext directory and there are no classloading issues.
It's a bit of a pain to have to wrap the CXF clients in a Jersey service, but
it works and I can carry on.

--
[Message sent by forum member 'sdoca']