users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF 3.1.1 Classloading issue ... how to tackle it?

From: Andreas Loew <Andreas.Loew_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:27:10 +0100

Hi Bernhard,

it's completely fine (and not at all an issue!) to use delegate=false in
web applications. This option has been included in the Servlet spec
since the very early days, but the default value has always been
delegate=true in all versions since SJS AS 8.x/Servlet 2.x at least.

Unfortunately, this idea never found its way into the EJB specs, so
that's why you still have to use One-JAR and custom classloaders in case
you were to need the same for the EJB container... :-(

HTH & best regards,

Andreas

--
Andreas Loew | Senior Java Architect