users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Maven embedded plugin (again): server starts, but I can't communicate with it

From: Bhavanishankar <bhavanishankara.sapaliga_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 23:40:16 +0530

Hi Laird,

IMO surefire/failsafe plugin runs in its own VM/classloader. So, for
local EJB testing either you have to bootstrap/start GlassFish from the
surefire test itself (w/o embedded plugin -- either using
EJBContainer.createContainer or org.glassfish.embeddable APIs)^[1] OR
test the local EJB from within the deployed servlet (the surefire test
will invoke only the servlet).^[2]

[1] 3.1.1/tests/embedded/ejb/basic
[2] 3.1.1/tests/embedded/maven-plugin/localejbs

HTH,
Bhavani.

--
Sun, an Oracle Company