users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Glassfish kills business

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 12:18:49 -0400

I dont think GF is killing business overtly but the chronology of Oracle purchases and ignoring the customer seems to be what is hurting Oracles customer-base
I am looking at an Oracle AppServer (purchased 2005) product which has a configuration properties file needed to startup the AppServer which has NO documentation
I spent all day yesterday looking for information on the Oracle site for this simple properties file with no joy..
I have concluded that this customer *should* rebase their webapps to a more customer-friendly NC-based AppServer which will support the latest technologies
and a faster alternative to locate documentation on mission critical startup parameters

my 2 cents
Martin